15.4 million days were lost due to absences in the UK in 2017. 6.6 million of those absences were due to stress, anxiety and musculoskeletal disorders. (www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/dayslost.htm).
The financial implications for an employer if a key employee is absent for a long period can be extremely serious.
The main causes of absence are:
- Minor illness (colds, flu, upset stomach)
- Back Pain
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Home/family problems
To maintain a healthy, effective and efficient workforce, employers need to be pro-active in providing interventions that can be tailor-made to individual needs and the workplace.
Providing services that prevent ill health and consequent absenteeism creates an environment that is productive and harmonious. Employees will feel empowered knowing that facilities are available to help them reduce stress-related problems.
As individuals we are more than merely a body; there are four major aspects to each person, and all impact on each other affecting our health and well being and consequently the productivity and profitability of the organisation.
The World Health Organisation defines health as: ‘a state of complete mental, physical and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity’.
Our health and well being plays a critical role in all accomplishments and therefore it is important to develop a more holistic and rounded view of health and well being.
Consider how the absence of these may affect an individual or a business:
Health is defined as being well in mind and body
Well-being is defined as happiness, contentment and prosperity
The benefits identified by organisations include:
- Improved productivity and quality of work
- Improved staff morale
- Improved staff sickness absence rates
- Improved staff attitudes and behaviours
- Reduced recruitment costs through lower staff turnover
- Reduced work-related injury and accidents
My services are designed to prevent common work-related illnesses by: -
- Exercise programmes to relieve physical tension
- Postural advice and relaxation techniques to reduce musculoskeletal stress
- Optimising the working environment
- Providing treatments that reduce /eliminate physical stress and boost the auto-immune system
- Providing a counseling service to reduce emotional /mental stress
Individual and corporate packages are tailor-made. On-site treatments can be adapted depending on the time schedule. A treatment can last from 20-90 minutes. All that is needed is a quiet space in an office or meeting room.
Why not take advantage of my gift voucher service to incorporate them into an incentive and reward scheme?